Electronic heterodyning is a technolgy that permeates our daily lives. The most obvious application is radio, which uses heterodyning for example to transmit and to receive the news between our car and a radio station.
EHGT is a special version of heterodyning which electrically turns a laser beam into a ruler by turnning the laser off and on then measuring the time it took for the modulated beam to shift in time. EHGT produces a high speed, high resolution (down to 10 microns axially) laser beam. This beam when scanned across the human eye can build a highly detail 3-dimensional model of the eye.
• Identify exact location and structure of a cataract
• Iillustrate the patients vision due to aberrations or scatter
• Measure aberrations on all optical surfaces of the eye
• Aberrations are measured (not calculated) on all optical surfaces
• Build 3D density maps of crystalline lens
• Measure and analyze tear film break up